- August 2018
Portfolio Manager Chris Ryon says municipal bond outperformance has been a bright spot versus other fixed income asset classes, which have been impacted by this year's interest rate volatility.
- August 2018
Portfolio Manager Jeff Klingelhofer discusses the topics affecting the macroeconomic landscape, particularly the potential trade war with China and the rising rate environment.
- June 2018
Attractive conditions in overseas markets continue to spark opportunities for active investors, according to several international growth, value and ESG investment team members.
- January 2018Economic disruption is happening all over the world, and one region that is particularly interesting is Asia. Portfolio Manager Di Zhou explains some innovative advances in China that could present investment opportunities.
- January 2018Portfolio Manager Ben Kirby discusses how disruption is impacting emerging markets and which companies look appealing in this environment.
- January 2018
Portfolio Manager Greg Dunn discusses how disruption is affecting companies in Europe and how innovation-driven disruption could provide investment opportunities throughout the region.
- September 2017
CEO Jason Brady and Morningstar’s Russell Kinnel talk about active management vs. passive investing, the advantages of having a collaborative investment team under the same roof, and why Santa Fe is ideal headquarters for an investment management firm.
- September 2017
CEO Jason Brady likes Telecom and Financials, but Brady says you have to look at each name from a bottom-up sense.
- August 2017
If recent history is any guide, not necessarily. Downside protection from bank loans hasn’t been materially better than that of high yield, either.
- May 2017
As investors look to alternative investments, Long/Short mutual funds and hedge funds are certainly two worth considering. But what should you know before investing? Connor Browne, portfolio manager for the Thornburg Long/Short Equity Fund, compares the two strategies and offers his insights.
- June 2016Far from the groupthink of Wall Street, Thornburg offers a broader view of the financial landscape. We have a disciplined approach to portfolio construction, a flexible perspective that crosses boundaries, and an adherence to access and transparency. We believe this helps investors reach their long-term goals.
- October 2016Associate Portfolio Manager Matt Burdett on the importance of dividend-paying stocks and why, given today’s environment, the best place to look for valuable dividend-paying stocks is outside the U.S.
- July 2016Thornburg Developing World strategy is an active investment portfolio that utilizes a flexible, bottom-up research process to uncover the best investment opportunities in the emerging markets. In this video, Portfolio Managers Ben Kirby and Charlie Wilson discuss their approach to emerging market investing.
- March 2016
Portfolio Manager Chris Ryon outlines Thornburg’s tradition of “laddering” in its core fixed income strategies. Whether interest rates rise or fall, Thornburg’s laddering approach helps diversify along a shifting yield curve and maximize returns.
Garrett Thornburg describes how our Vision, Mission and Values support our goals of excellence through continual improvement and adding value for our clients.
Before investing, carefully consider the Fund’s investment goals, risks, charges, and expenses. For a prospectus or summary prospectus containing this and other information, contact your financial advisor or visit thornburg.com. Read them carefully before investing.
The performance data quoted represents past performance; it does not guarantee future results.
There is no guarantee that the Fund will meet its investment objectives.
The views expressed are subject to change and do not necessarily reflect the views of Thornburg Investment Management, Inc. This information should not be relied upon as a recommendation or investment advice and is not intended to predict the performance of any investment or market.
Any securities, sectors, or countries mentioned are for illustration purposes only. Holdings are subject to change. Under no circumstances does the information contained within represent a recommendation to buy or sell any security.
Please see our glossary for a definition of terms.
Thornburg mutual funds are distributed by Thornburg Securities Corporation.
Thornburg Investment Management, Inc. mutual funds are sold through investment professionals including investment advisors, brokerage firms, bank trust departments, trust companies and certain other financial intermediaries. Thornburg Securities Corporation (TSC) does not act as broker of record for investors.
Diversification does not assure or guarantee better performance and cannot eliminate the risk of investment losses.