As a shareholder you have the privilege of exchanging shares of any class of a fund for shares of the same class of another fund. Before exchanging shares, please note the following:
- The fund you are exchanging into must be qualified for sale in your state.
- You may only exchange between accounts that are registered in the same name, address, and taxpayer identification number.
- Before exchanging into a fund, read the prospectus for that fund.
- Exchanges will be treated as a sale of your shares for tax purposes and, therefore, an exchange may have tax consequences for you. Consult a tax advisor or your financial intermediary for more information regarding taxability of exchanges.
- You will not pay a CDSC on the exchange of Class C shares of a fund for Class C shares of another fund, even if the exchange occurs within 12 months of your purchase of the original shares. A CDSC will apply, however, to any subsequent sale of those Class C shares within 12 months of your original date of purchase, unless you otherwise qualify for a waiver of that CDSC.
- Your shares will be redeemed and purchased at the next share price (NAV) calculated after your order is received. A sales charge is not imposed on an exchange.
Exchanges may be processed using one of the following methods:
- Through your financial advisor
- By telephone:
Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Mountain Time,